Vaastu For Main Door
According to Vastu Shastra, the main door of a home is not only the entry point for the family but also for energy. The main door is a transition zone, through which we enter the house, from the outer world. It is a place from where happiness and good luck enters the home,Consequently, the main entrance has been accorded prime importance, as it lets in or keeps out the cosmic energy flow that promotes health, wealth and harmony. Moreover, the main door also creates the first impression of a house.
Direction of the main door
"The main door should always be in the north, north-east, east, or west, as they are considered auspicious".
Materials used for the main door:
- A wooden door is considered most auspicious for the main entrance.
Decorating the area around the main door
A clean house, especially the main entrance, attracts positive energy. Do not keep dustbins, broken chairs or stools, near the main door.
Vastu dos and don’ts for the main door
- Always have a bright light at the entrance but avoid red lights. The main door should be well-lit in the evening.
- Never place a mirror opposite the main door.
- Decorate the entrance with green plants, if there is space.
- The main door should open at 90 degrees, without any obstacles in the way.
- Ensure that the hinges are oiled regularly and door accessories are polished. There should not be any broken or chipped wood, or missing screws at the entrance. Extra nails must be removed.
- Always put up a name plate. A metal name plate is recommended, if the door is in the north or west direction. Use a wooden name plate, if the door is in the south or east direction.